- It is the first multi-national research study about food and drink travelers. Eight destinations are included in this first benchmark study: Ireland, Finland, Scotland, Louisiana, California, the State of Oregon, Willamette Valley in Oregon and the Basque Country in Spain. Additional destinations will be added annually.
- It is the first food tourism research study that also measures interest in beverages, including wine, beer, cider and distilled spirits.
- This research will expand significantly on the WFTA’s PsychoCulinary profiling methodology first developed in 2010 and will analyze each destination in the context of its own PsychoCulinary profile.
- It is the first food/drink tourism research that will survey both inbound and outbound food/drink travelers to/from the included destinations.
- Research specialists in food and drink tourism have designed the survey, giving an additional level of depth and understanding which will add value to the findings.
|Erik Wolf, Founder and Executive Director of the World Food Travel Association|
|John Mulcahy, Head of Food Tourism for Fáilte Ireland|
|Food Tourism is a vital ingredient to the future of Irish Tourism|