- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Season. Break in the egg and add half the water. Pull the mixture together in the bowl and add a little more water if needed.
- Use a little extra flour to smooth the pastry. Cool in the fridge for twenty minutes to relax the pastry before rolling out.
- First you bake the pastry case ‘blind’. This means to roll out the pastry into your baking case with some greaseproof paper inside it. Put a layer of dried beans or rice on the paper and bake for 10 minutes. Take the pastry out of the oven and remove the paper and beans. (You can keep this aside and use them again and again).
- Meanwhile slice all the vegetables to the same size. Add the chorizo, a little salt & black pepper and cook on a low heat in a little butter to soften the vegetables for about 10 minutes stirring often.
- Spoon the filling into the cooked pastry case and sprinkle the cheese on top. Gently pour the egg mix over the filling just until everything is covered. Being careful not to spill over the edge, place in a pre-heated oven at 160*C and cook for 30 minutes.
Don't forget to Feed the Fish at the bottom of theis post!